Councilman Walt McJunkin was absent due to continued health problems and surgeries.
• Mayor stated that a 2nd reading of an ordinance to impose impact fees will be on the agenda for the Monday February 11, 2013 regular session meeting.
• Mayor suggested $150 refundable deposit for use of Rosewood Center.
• Councilman Lavant Padgett suggested spending +/- $2000 for chair caddies at the Rosewood Center.
• City Accountant Josie Amspacher suggested that the city pay for overtime instead of paying for 40 hours worked.
"I just thought [city employees] should have a little something since they haven't had a raise in a long time."Currently employees are paid for 40 hours … the suggested change would pay employees overtime for more than 8 hours in a 24 hour period and or pay overtime for any hours worked on a different shift from 9AM-5PM.
• A tax millage discussion … Mayor said he wanted council to hear for knowledge and that the discussion didn't necessarily mean a tax increase was in the works.
The city could raise taxes a maximum of 3.4 mils which would raise approximately $21,000 in additional revenue for the city each year.
1 mil in Liberty is worth approximately $6200.00.
The increase would mean roughly an additional $16.00 on each Liberty resident property tax bill per $100,000 of value of their homeand $1.60 per additional per $10,000 value of automobiles, boats, RVs, motorcycles, etc.